To volcanoes and geysers
Tour " Acquaintance with Kamchatka " received the Grand Prix All-Russian tourist award "Route of the year" 2014 in the category "Best adventure tourist route".
Kamchatka is a unique place in terms of the number of fantastically beautiful places and unpredictable weather.
More than a hundred cyclones pass over Kamchatka every year, bringing snow, wind and rain. And although there is an English saying "No bad weather, there are bad clothes", we have developed a tour that will allow you to wait out the rainy weather under the roof in a circle of like-minded people. After All, you are all like-minded people, because you have chosen to relax the edge of active volcanoes, soaring geysers, crystal clear water and endless expanses. Our wonderful employees are true professionals. They will show You this world and help you understand and love Kamchatka.
This tour is for those who want not only to see the beauty, but also to learn what is the magnetism of Kamchatka.
June 2020 : 28.06
July 2020: 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29
August 2020: 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23
September 2020: 3, 7, 8, 10
Attention!!! availability should be specified
Arrivals on Sundays and Wednesdays. For those who want to fly on Friday and return back to Moscow, for example, on Sunday-possible arrivals on Saturdays (similar to Mondays) without changing the structure of the tour! It is possible to arrive a day earlier/later than the dates indicated on the website; in agreement with the operator.
- Recommended age - 8 - 60 years.
- Physical preparation: for those who make ascents of volcanoes - good; for those who make alternative excursions accompanied by a guide - usual.
- Group size - up to 22 people.
Support on ascents: on; 5-7 tourists - 1 employee of the company ( there is always an opportunity to choose a team at a pace on ascents).
For you 10 excursions: 6-hour excursion to the island of Starichkov, city tour, visit halaktyrsky beach of black volcanic sand, visit the upper Paratunsky springs, Summer springs (alternative-Mutnovsky volcano), Gorely volcano (alternative-caves and slag cones of Gorely volcano), mountain extrusion Camel, Avachinsky volcano, alloy R. Fast, Malkinskoe thermal field of hot springs.
Residence: 3 days hotel, 3 days base with thermal pool, 2 days tourist house for 24 people.
Program (a different sequence of excursions is possible).
Day 1: Arrival.
Arrive in the afternoon and transfer to a hotel. Stroll around the town with your experienced tour manager in the late afternoon. Hotel
Day 2: Avacha Bay
Boat excursion around the Avacha bay with fishing and Ukha (fish soup). Visit Starichkov Island to view sea birds and mammals (6 hours in total). This tour is a unique opportunity to see the fascinating surroundings of Petropavlovsk from the sea, to explore the shores of the Avacha Bay, and to watch colonies of seabirds in their natural habitat. B, L, Hotel
Day 3: The pacific ocean and Vilyuchik Volcano area.
Drive by trucks to Pacific ocean coast. We stop at a viewpoint on the at Khalatyrskiy beach-the shore of the Pacific ocean. The road climbs gently in a lovely environment of open mountain tundra. Then we stop at a viewpoint on the broad plateau South of Petropavlovsk ; the shield volcano of the Viluchinsky cone rises to the east. Your hostel is in a beautiful and remote area, near the steep ash slopes of Barkhatnaya hill to the south and the gentler basaltic slopes of the Goryachaya hill to the north. A short walk to the Verkhne-Paratunskie hot springs where we can observe some fine hot springs and have a chance to bath in them. Dinner is at a hostel in the remote area with the swimming pool with termal water. B, L, D Hostel
Day 4: Ascent Mutnovsky.
The walk to the crater is a single trail and back. No one should wander off alone, because the grounds are very unstable and potentially hazardous. The walk is nearly 11 km in July and 4 km in August from the trail stop with a rise of less than 600 m into the main caldera. The trucks go as far as possible. On the way you pass the two hills of Skalisty and Dyugorby, which are actually very old volcanoes. Beyond the trail one can observe past old bore holes spouting steam. The track goes through the pass between Mutnovsky and Dyugorby from where Asacha, Opala and Gorely volcanoes can be seen to the left. This is an incredible sight. You then traverse through a mix of rough tundra, lava and banks of ash and pumice. The walk up the gorge is largely on banks of hard snow and firm ice that has accumulated in winter avalanches off the gorge walls. Much of the surface is covered in wind-blown ash. The caldera's eastern glacier lies ahead where it melts out on a steep rocky slope, aided by a series of fumaroles. You climb the slopes of volcanic ash and glacial till and pass besides various geothermal vents; these include fumaroles and mud pools. A lake is sometimes dammed up behind the glacier; at other times it drains through the ice, leaving a flatbed of reworked ash pitted by boiling mud pools. Streams emerge from the snow and ice fields and flow back under the glacier toe. You have lunch on the rim of the caldera, take pictures and enjoy the view. Then you return to the hostel. B, L, D Tent or Hostel
Day 5: Gorely Volcano
Depart the hostel after breakfast towards Gorely. From the lake flats, walk up the volcano, climbing steadily to gain 750 m in height. You trek over a mixture of rough grassy tundra with very low dwarf willow and bare stripes of basaltic lava. Some lava flow structures are recognizable and there are also patches of volcanic ash redistributed by the winds. Higher up, long gently graded snow-fields provide the easiest route up (and certainly the best way to come back down). The first large crater contains a cold lake about 100 m below; its surface has ice floes from a small glacier on its internal slope. The walls of all the craters expose profiles through thick sequences of lava flows. You will have a picnic lunch on the edge of the crater. Over 100 m down, a hot acidic lake has active fumaroles around its margin and beneath the surface. The recent eruptions of Gorely have been largely steam events produced when vents heat up and increase their output. Return back along the outward route to the trucks by the lake. The trucks head back out of the Gorely caldera and return to the hostel with the hot thermal water swimming pull. Cottage, B, L, D
Day 6: Avacha Base Camp.
You can take a rest after a leisurely breakfast this morning. After lunch you go by truck to the Avacha Volcano Base camp on a mud road leaving the birch forest tracing your way over a rough dry river bed and old lava flow. At the end of the track is a bunkhouse where you spend the night. At this point you can observe Avacha volcano up ahead to the right and Koryaksky ahead to the left. In the afternoon you take a gentle walk up the valley to Camel Mountain, a distinctively humped ridge amid a group of small hills on the saddle between Avacha and Koryaksky. The hills are mainly eroded remains of old cinder cones, with some shoulders and summits. Snow fields drape some of the slopes. Return to camp for dinner and an early night in the bunkhouse. B, L, D Avacha Wooden lodge
Day 7: Avacha Climb
The walk up to the volcano is on a single trail. While everyone can walk at their own pace, it is usually recommended that travelers walk together in case of difficulties. Avacha is considered a steep hike but not a technical one. You will aim for the shoulder of the old crater rim, which offers a lovely stretch of scenic walking. The steep part of the trail ends where it turns onto a gently rising shoulder, which provides a delightful walk on an easier gradient. The old summit has been nearly filled and obliterated by the growth of the new summit cone. The newer summit cone rises above, and its northern slope overlaps and buries the old caldera rim, so that the easy shoulder does not continue round. There are views south to the cone of Viluchinsky and beyond to the complex peaks of Mutnovsky and the rounded shield volcano of Gorely; as well as to the north where the old degraded cones of the Zhupanovsky volcano are situated. The summit crater yawned hundreds of meters deep until 1991, when it was filled with andesite lava. The black lava now forms a gentle dome - it is the fresh top of a classic plug dome. Steam rises through its fissured surface, and there are even lots of fumeroles. When walking round the rim to the left; giant crescent flow ribs mark the lava's surface where it flowed over the lowest point on the old crater rim. The descent of the summit cone is on a straight steep down-trail alongside the zigzag up-trail; and requires careful attention. Return to Avacha Base Camp. B, L, D Avacha Wooden lodge
Day 8: Rafting option down Bystraya River.
Afret breakfast you are taken by trucks to the camp on Bystraya river bank . Your rafts will be waiting for you to put in and they will take you down the river. The rafting will take about four hours. You will have an opportunity fishing during rafting. Then you will visit the Malki resort with the hot springs. Return to the hotel. Hotel, B, L, D
Day 9: Departure.
The morning is free for last minute shopping. Your incredible adventure in Kamchatka came to its finish line. Your driver will take you to the airport.T, B
1 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 2300 Euro;
2 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 1710 Euro;
3 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 1520 Euro;
4 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 1430 Euro;
5 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 1370 Euro;
6 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 1330 Euro;
7 pax with interpreter in multy-national group 1300 Euro;
from 8 pax - 1290( Dbl) / 1490(Sgl) Euro per pax
1. Meeting, seeing off at the airport on the days of arrival and departure according to the program.
2. Transfers on arrival and departure days! according to the schedule of arrivals, travel along the route. If you arrive / depart on a day other than the day of arrival / departure according to the program, the transfer is paid separately.
3. Accommodation: camp site-3 nights, tourist house & laquo;Avacha shelter» - 2 nights, hotel « Geyser» (or similar) - 3 nights. If you are traveling alone and do not agree to the settlement, the surcharge for single accommodation in the hotel and at the camp site will be 12,000 rubles. in the houses on the Avacha volcano, accommodation is possible only in rooms of 4-6 people.
4. 3 meals a day on the route. Breakfast when staying in hotels. No meals are available on the day of arrival. Order vegetarian food + 5000 rubles. for the whole tour.
5. Guides, a cook, a guide on the route.
6. All excursions ( 10 PCs.) according to the program.
In September, rafting on the Bystraya river + Malki are replaced by ethno - "Snow dogs"+ bathing in hydrogen sulfide sources "Zelenovsky lakes".
1. Flights to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, helicopter tours to the Valley of Geysers, the Kuril lake.
2. Insurance. We remind you that the MHI policy for citizens of the Russian Federation is valid throughout Russia. On request, you can arrange additional insurance for active recreation. Citizens of other States must obtain health insurance on their own.
Reservations are made upon receipt:
- copies of tourist tickets (purchase of tickets confirms the intention of tourists to participate in the tour);
- or pay 100% of the tour price.
In case of cancellation of the tour confirmed by us
- less than 30 days, the tourist is refunded the amount transferred to them minus the costs of the tour operator, estimated as -5%;
- from 14 to 7 days-minus 20% of the cost of the tourist product specified in the voucher;
- less than 7 days-less 30% of the cost of the tourist product specified in the voucher;
- on the day of the tour - 100%.
Helicopter excursion to the Valley of the Geysers or Kuril lake can be made on the day of arrival for those who arrive morning flight to 10-00 schedule ( for arriving from Moscow by Aeroflot flight 1730 in 9-55, it is possible to book a flight on the day of arrival, if the helicopter company is planning a departure on a tour after 11:00).
Those who arrive on late flights and wish to take a helicopter tour must provide an additional day for each helicopter tour when purchasing tickets.
Starichkov island is declared a natural monument. Here you can observe the breeding colonies of ten species of seabirds, two of which, the red-faced cormorant and starik, are listed in the Red book of North-Eastern Russia and in the "red book of Kamchatka". Starik (the name of this bird and named the island) forms here the largest colony on the Eastern shores of Kamchatka.
View of the city from the ship.
The Pacific coast, meeting with black volcanic sand titanomagnetite composition galakticheskogo the beach.
Gorely volcano (1829 m). At the top of Gorely volcano there are 11 craters in which there were historical eruptions. Many of them are filled with acid lakes.
Tarbagan is a black-capped marmot.
The foot of the active Mutnovsky volcano (2323 m). Rhododendrons Kamchatka.
Fumaroles are sources of hot gases in craters and on the slopes of volcanoes, in these places gases dissolved in magma come out of the bowels of the earth. As a rule, over large fumaroles thick steam swirls, because magma contains a large amount of water. In addition to water, carbon dioxide, all kinds of sulfur oxides, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia and other chemical compounds are released through fumaroles.
Glacier in the crater of the Mutnovsky volcano.
The 80-meter waterfall of the canyon is Located on the Vulcan river. The river flows out of the crater, remained lifeless for many kilometers downstream, as it contains mercury, arsenic, antimony.
Mountain extrusion " Camel ".
The active Avachinsky volcano (900m > 2741 m) is one of the most active volcanoes in Kamchatka. The last eruption with the emission of lava flows was in 1991. Today, solidified lava filled the huge bowl of the crater of the volcano, and high fumarolic activity continues today.
Familiarization rafting on the Bystraya river - one of the most beautiful rivers on the Peninsula.
Distinctive features of this tour :
1. The work of a professional team: cooks, guides, guides throughout the route. The guides will provide climbing all the volcanoes. Guides (leading employees of the University, candidates of Sciences, well-known local historians) will not only show you Kamchatka, but also talk about the features of Kamchatka volcanism, natural endemics, unique features of the animal world of Kamchatka. The cook will cook tasty and nutritious, because our credo: "no-sublimates".
2. Combination of active leisure and comfort, since all nights you spend the night under the roof, and comfortable transport throughout the route should be with the group.
3. We are beyond our control:Weather and roads! But we try)))
See the tour route "Yandex Maps".
Our tourists have published on the Internet interesting photo stories about this tour, which you can find:
- 2010 Kamchatka2010.pdf.html
- The story of the 2012 tour.
Important information for those booking helicopter tours:
When performing these excursions, the following situations are possible:
Weather non-flying on all (Valley, Kuril) directions. Departures are transferred according to the plan, on alternate dates, if they have a tourist.
- The weather is flying in one direction. Flight direction is performed if 2 helicopter tours are booked.
- You booked a helicopter tour on the day of arrival. Weather flight on the Kuril (or valley), but the helicopter company puts an early departure and you take into account the estimated time of baggage -11: 00 + 40 minutes to the heliport do not have time to get to the helipad on time. In this case, you go to stay in a hotel.
We inform you that the travel Agency « Grand » is not responsible for the cancellation of the helicopter tour due to weather conditions.