Recommended list of equipment for traveling in Kamchatka.
- Special leather or lightweight, made of waterproof Gore-tex fabric, boots with thick, corrugated soles. Shoes should be well-broken-in, so as not to cause you any discomfort during the hike and to fix the ankle so that in case sliding on the slag, or stones, to prevent fractures and dislocations.
- You can, if the snow has not yet melted, additionally take rubber boots with a corrugated sole, they should be 1-2 sizes larger to wear with a thick felt insole( in places on the route snow, the surface is cold) on two socks (one thin and one warm) or with footcloths.
- Spare shoes in case your shoes get wet or to rest your feet while camping. But, if you go on snowfields during the day, shoes, even famous brands get wet .
- Shale, which will be useful to you when swimming in thermal pools.
- On slippery and snow-covered slopes will be useful "cats" simple design.
- Waterproof and windproof jacket (windbreaker). Material Gore-Tex is considered the most reliable, because in addition to the fact that it protects you from the rain, things sewn from Gore-Tex perfectly pass the air, preventing overheating (important in rain, climbing).
- Fleece jacket – the type of Windblock or similar.
- T - shirts - 2-3 PCs.
- Gloves - windproof (you can ordinary x/b, but if the fog falls, the gloves will get wet).
- Woolen or fleece hat (for climbing volcanoes) with or without visor.
- Bathing suits and towels. Towels are only available in hotels.
- Socks-it is better to have both thin and thick socks (thick socks prevent the formation of corns). It is not recommended to wear 100% cotton and synthetic socks during long Hiking trips.
OTHER NECESSARY THINGS:
- Sunglasses (snow on volcanoes can burn your eyes).
- Flashlight (headlamp). Lanterns are needed in order to be able to go out at night from the house to the pool or to the toilet. The objects are powered by a generator, it turns off at night.
- Those who have in the program are spending the night on the Avacha volcano in tourist houses, will need sleeping bags (night temperatures +3+8) for 2 nights. Sleeping bags can be rented in the company "Kamchatka Grand Tour" 200 rubles/day. We recommend in this case to take a personal liner in a sleeping bag. The liner can easily be made yourself, sequentially stitching 2 sides of the home sheet.
- A small backpack (15-20 liters) to carry with you on the ascent clothes that you will wear at a height where it is cold and windy even in summer, personal food and water.
- Medicines necessary for you personally.
- A remedy for insect bites.
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, comb.
- Very convenient when climbing :
• the so-called "gaiters"or " lanterns" - sports gaiters on the locks, protecting from ingress of slag and stones in shoes,
•sticks - telescopes ( rental - 100 rubles for the tour ).
- And do not forget, please, sunscreen of a high order ( as on the ascents can be very burned – especially burn the face and hands), otherwise you will have to use the means of burns.